Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Heroes Rundown Chapter 6: "The Line"

After the exciting Heroes episode last week with Parkman's dad and the introduction of Elle, this week's episode seems tame. I did, however, enjoy the little prank Claire and West cook up, and it looks like Sylar doesn't really need his powers in order to manipulate people.
The big bad side of HRG is back, which was kind of delightful for a while, but his harsh actions at the end surprised me.
**spoilers**

It's fun to see Claire actually cheerleading. And I thought she was in it for the cute outfits. But no — she does a backflip!
Which is almost as cool as Monica's gymnastics routine. I love watching gymnastics.

This show has often reeked of X-Men parallels but the whole virus/cure/"for-the-greater-good" stuff is really too close for comfort, in my opinion.
Bob calls this Adam Monroe "Someone who is a real danger to us, to everyone."
The Hiro-Kensei storyline just got about 100 times better. I was so confused as to why Kensei suddenly cared so much for Yaeko and didn't want to drink anymore and was an all-around great guy. His betrayal at the end makes much more sense.
However, Yaeko jumps awfully quickly into Hiro's arms. "Do you love me, Hiro?" I guess things move quickly in 1671 Japan.
And I would be fine with never seeing another moment of Ando reading the stupid scrolls.
West is such a twirp. "Claire, I can fly. That makes the whole parental guidance thing a non-issue." I feel sorry for his parents.
It's an interesting twist that Peter is seemingly once again the one who needs to save people, but he doesn't know how, or who he is.
When HRG shot Ivan I actually jumped. In the words of Cher Horowitz, "That was way harsh."
Monica says to Bob, "You’re like my own personal Oprah." Ha!
Best part of the episode: Sylar sneering about Maya being his "shiny new toy." Maya is so trusting it's ridiculous. Does she seriously not get a creepy vibe from Sylar at all? Not even a little?
What are your thoughts on this week's episode of Heroes?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails