Saturday, November 10, 2007

Ugly Betty Rundown: Episode 7, "Nice Day for a Posh Wedding"


Last night's Ugly Betty was a bit frustrating for me. I spent most of the episode literally yelling at Betty through my TV (I swear, she totally heard me), but it also had huge awww moments...and the funniest 20 seconds I've seen on TV in a while. The clip of that is after the jump (hint: it involved milkshakes). So Betty herself continues to bug me, but everyone else is great! Here are my thoughts:


There was so not enough Victoria Beckham considering how much she was hyped. That being said, why don't the Beckhams have an energy drink — it seems too fitting. "Beckhammmmm." Also, Posh would so actually wear her maid of honor dress out the night before the wedding if it was chic enough. Ha.
The Christina and her husband plot was sweet, and I'm glad we finally got to meet him. It was pretty heartbreaking, too. He's good Stuart, after all.
Okay, now it's time for spoilers. To read the rest of my thoughts (and my take on the shocking cliffhanger that was totally given away in the previews) just
Um, I'm sure I don't even need to ask if everyone else agrees, but Marc and Cliff are the best part of the show, right? Love them. Love the suit, loved the "break-up," loved the getting back together. "Beauty is pain, Cliff, and you are hurting me bad." So, did I mention that I really like them together? I hope Cliff is on the show forever.
Oh, Betty. Call me heartless, but I just can't get behind her this season. No matter what her dad did or said, there is no way that season one Betty would ever even consider not going to his nationalization ceremony. Thankfully (and I never thought I would say this) Henry was there to force her into it. I did get a little choked up when they made up. And Justin is hilarious.
So UB kinda glossed over the whole world finding out and barely caring that Amanda is Fey Sommers' daughter, right? Did I miss any drama about that? Or people even batting an eyelash? That confused me a little.
Anyone else still find it a little surreal seeing Vanessa Williams and Rick Fox together on screen? They're still broken up, right?
So, Daniel 100% has the right to be mad at and immediately fire Betty, but she so should have given him the full reason for lying. Methinks they'll make up next episode.
Was I the only one who saw Bradford Meade having a heart attack and thought, "Wow, Caleb Nicol cannot catch a break in the heart department?"
And last but certainly not least, the best thing ever. Amanda taking ahold of her moment to shine and serenading the crowd with Kelis' anthem "Milkshake," complete with organ music. Describing it does not do the magnificence justice.

So, what did you think? Am I too hard on Betty? Do you think she immediately turned around and ran back to the church? Will Wilhelmina and Bradford ever get married? And are you enjoying Marc/Amanda/Cliff as much as I am? Amanda's milkshake is so better than mine.
posted by ( a )

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails