Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Heroes Rundown Chapter 10: "Truth and Consequences"


While I liked this week's episode of Heroes enough, there were so many characters involved I found it hard to care about any of them. I am relieved, however, that we're starting to get to the collective goal of making sure the mutated virus doesn't spread to the majority of the world's population. The heroes very much needed a unifying game plan so they could stop flitting about with useless people (cough-cough-West-cough) and get to the good stuff.
Also, is it terrible that I was totally relieved when the promos for next week said two of the heroes will die? No, don't answer that. I don't want to know.


Bob says to Elle that she has to take responsibility for what's happened and do her part by keeping watch over Claire. Taking responsibility, eh Bob? That would be the pot talking to the kettle, I think. Isn't this whole virus crisis largely Bob's fault?
There are some sweet Hiro/Ando moments this week, like when Hiro tells Ando, “You are like a hamster making a nest.”
Oh, now I get why Maya is acting like a complete and total idiot — she thinks Sylar understands what it's like to make a mistake and murder innocent people. Mmm... still foolish.

Speaking of Maya, I don't care for her character all that much but I think she's really, really pretty.
Also, why do people always chat for a while before shooting someone in the head? It leaves so much time for other people to come by and ruin things.
Wow! Micah can land a punch! That part was awesome.
I kind of love the whole Micah-and-Monica crime fighting team. It's much more basic superheroes in the everyday world stuff. Though I didn't like it so much when the thugs hit Monica and threw her in a van. That part is genuinely disturbing.
However, Micah is the cutest thing ever, what with his "I told the lights I needed them to be off for a while," and "You're St. Joan!"
This episode has tons of pretty much everyone (except Parkman, Nathan and Angela Petrelli) and yet not enough Mr. Muggles. He is, however, present at the scattering of the ashes.
I love how Elle has become like the Sawyer (from Lost) of this show with all her nicknames. This week's best Elle line: "Watch who your shoving, Pom-Pom."
And finally some of the old heroes are coming together again! That is a great way to end the episode, with Hiro rushing toward Peter with his sword, Peter's electric hand extended.
What did you think of this week's Heroes?
posted by ( a )

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails