Sunday, November 25, 2007

Eva's Parade




Eva Longoria embraced her youthful side posing with a puppy and on a swing for this week's issue of Parade. Between prepping for Thanksgiving and opening her new restaurant, she found time to sit down with the magazine to discuss her family, letting loose and life with Tony. Here's more:

  • On her sister being her Hero "It’s just in my nature to be cheerful. I don’t try to be that way, but I’ve learned there’s no better medicine than laughing.... Liza is mentally challenged. She was my hero growing up. It was a blessing to watch her overcome every obstacle—tying her shoes, putting on a shirt, getting out the front door. And yet she still had a job and would come home on the bus by herself and help with dinner. You could only imagine the hurdles she encountered every minute of the day. Liza was a role model to get me ready for life in Hollywood. You don’t take health for granted. You don’t take life for granted. It seems so insignificant to go, ‘Darn it, I didn’t get that movie role,’ or, ‘Darn it, so-and-so is wearing the same dress as me to the Emmys.’ I didn’t know there was another way. I thought everyone should be sensitive and somewhat unselfish."
  • On letting loose and having fun: "I love to sing and dance because I don't know how to sing and dance, but I like to pretend that I know how. I don't go to a lot of parties, which is funny. But no, actually, I just like to pretend I can dance like Jennifer Lopez."
  • On her life with Tony: “I feel like the rest of my life is just beginning... even before we became man and wife, Tony and I always had that trust between us that a married couple would have. Every time I think of my wedding, I just smile. I just think what a beautiful man he is. It’s funny, because it’s so cliché for women to say, ‘My wedding was the happiest day of my life.’ But I find myself saying that and thinking, ‘Yes, my wedding was the happiest day of my life so far.’"

While it's a bit hard to imagine Eva dancing around like J Lo, it's pretty cool how down-to-earth she seems given the success of her professional and personal life. Maybe someday soon she'll be acting like Jennifer in a different way.

POSTED BY P


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails