Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Lohan becomes Monroe






Lindsay Lohan bares all and does her best Marilyn Monroe, recreating Monroe’s last (nude) photo shoot for New York Magazine.

In 1962, photographer Bert Stern shot Marilyn Monroe in “The Last Sitting” photo shoot and 46 years later, he revisited his classic shots with Lindsay Lohan. Here are some snippets from Lindsay’s interview with NY Mag:

On comparing Marilyn Monroe and Heath’s Ledger’s tragic deaths: “They are both prime examples of what this industry can do to someone… I don’t know. I’m not them. But I sure as hell wouldn’t let it happen to me.”

On posing nude: “I was comfortable with it… I didn’t have to put much thought into it. I mean, Bert Stern? Doing a Marilyn shoot? When is that ever going to come up? It’s really an honor.”

On the Monroe photos Lohan revisits: “Here is a woman who is giving herself to the public. She’s saying, ‘Look, you’ve taken a lot from me, so why don’t I give it to you myself.’ She’s taking control back.”


Check out Lindsay’s take on Marilyn’s “Last Sitting” photo shoot at NYMag.com (NSFW).

posted by ( e )

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails