Thursday, February 7, 2008

Glam for Good

Fergie is the newest face of MAC’s Viva Glam campaign, which began in 1994 and has raised more than $100 million for HIV/AIDS.

“I’ve been a fan of the campaign since the early days, and I remembered when RuPaul and Mary J. Blige did it,” Fergie says. “They pick controversial people who aren’t afraid to speak their mind, and that’s definitely me. I’m very proud to be a part of it.”

Fergie, 32, wants to educate her fan base, which largely consists of teens and young adults.

“[MAC is] going toward one demographic, and I think I can be very helpful with that,” Fergie added. “I know certain people who are very proud of having unprotected sex and the fact that they haven’t caught anything yet.”

posted by ( a )

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails