Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Harry's details!

On attending school after the first Harry Potter film was released: “Some people did get very aggressive. People say it was just jealousy, but I don’t think it is jealousy. I think its just ‘We can have a crack at the kid that plays Harry Potter.’
On not attending college: “The paparazzi, they’d love it. And also if there were any parties going on, they’d be tipped off as to where they were, and it would be all of that stuff.”

On having never been to a nightclub: “All it takes is for me to be seen chatting up a girl for them to, you know, make up some crappy headline about me being a sex rat or whatever they call it.”
On office romances: “I think it would be very hard to go out with an actress, because they’re mad. Some actresses are just insane. I’ve never worked with a nasty actress – they’re all absolutely delightful. But completely barking.”

On the British media frenzy caused by his nude scene in the play Equus: “It’s that thing of being shocked that I should have hair – you know, anywhere else other than on my head. It’s not so much that they don’t want me to grow up. It’s that they’re annoyed that I’m growing up adjusted. They’d much rather I was growing up and going wild and crashing cars.”
On his estimated $33 million fortune: “Even when I was very young and before any of this had happened, I remember being repulsed by ostentatious displays of wealth. People who have car collections – I never understood that. I always thought that was unnecessary. It’s not beautiful, its not creative. Its just showing how much money you’ve got.”

On being naked on stage: “I’d be lying if I said I was completely fine. I was nervous and I was a little bit worried. But not meaning to drop a name, I talked to Gary Oldman about it, because we get on very well and I know he’s been naked onstage. And so I said to him, ‘What’s it like?’ and he said, ‘On the first night you’ll be terrified and on the second night you’ll be terrified and after that you won’t care.’ And that’s absolutely true. When you’ve done it twice, it doesn’t matter anymore.”


Watch the behind-the-scenes video here. Read the full article here.
posted by ( s )

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails