Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Nicole pour Vogue





Nicole Kidman is featured in a 16-page photo spread in the July 2008 issue of Vogue. Photographer Annie Leibovitz traveled to the set of Baz Luhrmann’s upcoming action-adventure epic, Australia, to photograph the film’s star. Here’s what she had to say in her interview with Vogue:



On her knees splaying out at a 45-degree angle during the interview: “The whole experience is so primal… Just look at how I’m sitting here with my legs apart. This is the way you have to sit when you’re pregnant.”



On her country life: “I’ve been in Tennessee, just sitting. We have a farm there, and I have an organic vegetable garden. This is a path I’d not taken before. My mum’s always gardened. My sister gardens. And I’ve now conformed to the Kidman women’s hobby of gardening. And it is just a hobby. I’m not feeding the troops. (laughs) There’s a softness to the Tennessee landscape that I just love. It’s very beautiful out there. We have deer and wild turkeys.”



On how carrying a child is something new and overwhelming: “When I first saw the baby on the ultrasound, I started crying. I didn’t think I’d get to experience that in my lifetime. I like the unpredictable nature of it. To feel life growing with you is something very, very special, and I’m going to embrace that completely. I don’t believe in flittering around the edges of things. You’re either going to walk through life and experience it fully or you’re going to be a voyeur. And I’m not a voyeur.”



On her and husband Keith Ubran never being apart for more than five days at a time: “I’m so committed to this relationship, and so is he. I don’t have addiction problems, but love is a very powerful force in my life. It’s my fatal flaw and my virtue.”



Read Kidman’s full article at Vogue.com. And check out the behind-the-scenes video of the cover shoot here. More Here! »

posted by ( a )

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails