Monday, April 28, 2008

Miley topless and under fire!

Miley Cyrus Topless Pictures For Vanity Fair
The move has sparked outrage among parents.
"Parents should be extremely concerned," Lin Burress of marriage and parenting blog, Telling It Like It Is said in an interview to New York Times. "Very young girls look up to Miley Cyrus as a role model."
A Disney spokeswoman, Patti McTeague, faulted Vanity Fair for the photo. "Unfortunately, as the article suggests, a situation was created to deliberately manipulate a 15-year-old in order to sell magazines," she said.
The article, written by Bruce Handy, quotes Ms. Cyrus as saying, "Annie took, like, a beautiful shot, and I thought it was really cool. That’s what she wanted me to do, and you can’t say no to Annie." She also said of the photo, "I think it’s really artsy. It wasn’t in a skanky way."
Ms. Cyrus had a different view in a prepared statement released on Sunday:
"I took part in a photo shoot that was supposed to be ‘artistic’ and now, seeing the photographs and reading the story, I feel so embarrassed. I never intended for any of this to happen and I apologize to my fans who I care so deeply about."
Beth Kseniak, a spokeswoman for both Vanity Fair magazine and Ms. Leibovitz said, "Miley’s parents and/or minders were on the set all day. Since the photo was taken digitally, they saw it on the shoot and everyone thought it was a beautiful and natural portrait of Miley."

posted by ( s )

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails