Thursday, September 13, 2007

Elle woods for Elle


Reese Witherspoon has class, sass, and a gorgeous…laugh. She is living proof that the South always rises again! Check out these excerpts of Reese in ELLE Magazine’s October 2007 issue:

On dealing with hard times post-split with husband Ryan Phillippe: “Right around Christmas-time I was sitting in a parking lot and I felt like I just couldn’t get out of the car. It was like, I can’t get out of the car. Any I though, Okay, half of the parking lot has dealt with this. More than half of the parking lot has dealt with this. Okay, let’s make it a little bigger. Half of this city has dealt with this. Okay, let’s make it a little bigger-half of this country, until I finally got out of the car. It was like, it’s okay. It’s okay. There’s this moment in Walk the Line where June Carter says, ‘I was never aware of how much I was seen.’ I was very aware of how much I was seen. It was this moment of self-discovery and loss of identity and who was stepping out of the car-you know? Who is that person? Should I not be this honest?”

On the tabloids: “Everybody is hung out to dry now. It’s one think if you’re up for it and you want it, and you go out without your panties on. But if you’re wearing your panties-gosh darn it, leave me alone!”

On her favorite joke: “Why do Southern women make bad prostitutes? ‘Cuz we have to write so many thank-you notes! And so true!”

More Reese interview excerpts from Elle inside. This issue hits newsstands in NY/LA today and nationwide next Tuesday, September 18.

posted by (p)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails