Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Josh Duhamel's 'Best Life'



Josh Duhamel is the August 2007 cover boy for Best Life magazine. The Transformers star is ready to show to Hollywood that he’s more than just a hunk, he’s an actor.


  • On showing Hollywood he’s more than just a pretty face: “It always feels like I have to prove myself to be more than what people think they see. That’s part of what I’m fighting right now. People don’t know what you’re capable of until you actually do it.”

  • On his love, Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas: “She’s a real total star. I’m more subdued than that. I’d rather sneak up on people. But that’s what makes us work. We have similar fundamental values. We both grew up in similar families. She’s just got a great soul.”

  • His philosophy on relationships and career: “Let’s not f*** it all up! [chuckles] There’s still so much more I want to do. Before it was about gaining confidence. Now it’s about gaining some respect for what I do. Get that, and everything you want will come along with it because people will want to work with you.”

  • On how he got his Transformers gig: “In the second season of Las Vegas, I had this heavy episode in which my character comes back from Iraq. Everyone in my platoon had died except for me, so I put a lot into it. I wanted it to be more than what was on the page. Then I heard Steven Spielberg was pushing for me to get this role in Transformers [Spielberg is the executive producer]. I called his office and told his assistant who I was. She put Steven right on the phone. I said, ‘I don’t know what I did to have any pull from you, but thank you.’ And he said, ‘Well, I was thinking about that episode you did on Vegas, when you came back from the war.’ I was like, God, it’s so true! Nothing you do falls on deaf ears. Somebody is always watching.”

posted by ( a )

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails