Friday, March 13, 2009

Robert Pattinson pour GQ

From Robert Pattinson pour GQ

"GQ Magazine's profile of "Twilight" hunk Robert Pattinson in its April issue is one of the best celebrity interviews I've read in ages. Usually these things put me to sleep; same manufactured stories, nothing true or funny or slightly off-script.

Maybe this one is good because the writer is observant and witty, and he also writes about real fans' reactions to Rob during their lunch at La Conversation on Doheny Drive in West Hollywood. (About three blocks from my house!)

And it may be mostly because Rob is sweet, nervous, funny, honest and not at all media trained (yet).

You find out a lot about Rob's sex life (onscreen only, sorry), how he's terrified of interviews, how he slept with his dog when distraught over a cheating girlfriend, when he took his first Valium, doing it with a dude in “Little Ashes” and how he really spends his nights (not in hot L.A. clubs, but at home watching videos).

Here’s what Pattinson says about getting the part of Edward in "Twilight":

“I took half a Valium and then went into this thing — and all this stuff happened.”

“It was the first time I’ve ever taken Valium,” he tells GQ. “A quarter. A quarter of a Valium. I tried to do it for another audition, and it just completely backfired — I was passing out.”

And then there’s his new film, “Little Ashes," in which he plays artist Salvador Dali to Javier Beltrán's poet-playwright Federico Garcia Lorca and, naked, has graphic sex with a guy.

“In a lot of ways,” Pattinson admits “I was kind of crossing lines of what I thought I was comfortable doing. I had to do all this naked stuff.”

“There’s all these gay sex scenes. And y’know, I haven’t even done a sex scene with a girl, in my whole career. And here I am, with Javier, who plays Lorca, doing an extremely hard-core sex scene, where I have a nervous breakdown afterward. And because we’re both straight, what we were doing seemed kind of ridiculous.”

It gets worse. People were watching. People who spoke a different language. And they were laughing.

"And it wasn’t even a closed set," Rob moans. "There were all these Spanish electricians giggling to themselves.”

Poor Rob!"

source
source

posted by (m)

1 comment:

ELVIA said...

love the new look! gq is a must! <3
keep up with your fab blog lovelies. xo.
- elvia.

Related Posts with Thumbnails